[Kde-pim] Fedora & Kpilot

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 09:31:06 BST 2007

On Wednesday 18 April 2007 23:48, Andreas (Andy) Roddau wrote:
> As I understand things the KDE 3.5.6 upgrade killed it because somehow
> Fedora doesn't play nice with it or something.

Yes. Fedora does not come with pilot-link 0.12, and KPilot requires that now
(so as not to crash with every PalmOS device made since 2001). Maybe FC has
patched up 0.11, I don't know.

> What are my options?
>
> 1.	Not too complicated fix (preferable)?

1a. Install pilot-link from source.
1b. Install CMake.
1c. Install a bunch of -devel packages like kdepim-devel and qt-devel.
1d. Install KPilot from source.

I'm not sure if that qualifies as "not too complicated", but it is the
recommended approach.

> 2.	Ditch KDE 3.5.6 for 3.5.5 (is this possible without breaking all else)?

This will introduce a lot of new issues. You might try just downgrading KDE
PIM, but that too will reintroduce all the problems that we had back then.
Since you describe that it worked OK for you, that might be the simplest
solution.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/