[Kde-pim] Fedora & Kpilot

Andreas (Andy) Roddau aroddau at look.ca
Wed Apr 18 22:48:47 BST 2007

Greetings:

I'm still on the learning curve and I'm having a great deal of trouble
getting my mind wrapped around the work around to have K-Pilot
re-installed on my box with FC6 & KDE 3.5.6.

The irritating part is I had it working, things were running reasonably
well (aside from fussy syncing issues) and then it like drops off the map.

I have installed the latest version of Pilot Link and my kernel is
2.6.20-1.2944 on an x86-64 (Athlon 3800 dual-core).  However, I do not
understand how to re-install K-Pilot (too many years of Windows and too
many coffees).

Can someone point me to a play by play?  Evolution works, but not to my
satisfaction, JPilot works, but not enough features.  K-Pilot/Kontact was
the closest thing to the Palm Desktop software and I even like it better!
I just can't get it to work and googling does not bring anything relevant.

As I understand things the KDE 3.5.6 upgrade killed it because somehow
Fedora doesn't play nice with it or something.

What are my options?

1.	Not too complicated fix (preferable)?
2.	Ditch KDE 3.5.6 for 3.5.5 (is this possible without breaking all else)?
3.	Ditch Fedora (I'd rather not)?
4.	Re-install Fedora and not upgrade KDE (probably easier to install
KUbuntu or something)?

Thanks for any forthcoming response.

--
Andreas (Andy) Roddau --- Linux User #434932