[Kde-pim] using a spamfilter with an online IMAP account

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 14 11:15:45 GMT 2006

Am Montag 11 Dezember 2006 22:47 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> With POP3 I use an UNSURE foldern instead. I mark mails in there either
> as spam or ham. The spam mails are moved to the spam folder
> immediately, the ham mails remain in the UNSURE folder unless I select
> them an rerun filter rules manually (press Ctrl-J in german locale).
> This works reasonably well.

Hello,

there seems to be one major difference: On my POP3 KMail setup a message
that I mark as ham or spam gets its X-CRM114-headers changed. But a
message on an DIMAP account does not get changed headers - no matter
wheter I use local or IMAP folders for UNSURE mails. And without changed
headers the mail is still UNSURE and thus gets resorted into the UNSURE
folder when I start manual filtering on it.

Maybe its just a subtile difference in the filter rules, but I didn't find
any. Well I will do further testing this afternoon. I hope I can get this
working till tomorrow.

I appreciate any hints on that one.