[Kde-pim] More accurate spam filter rules

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Dec 14 19:35:01 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2006 18:01 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> I thus just added a pipe through the spamfilter rule on the Mark as ham
> and Mark as spam filter rules at the end... now mail headers are
> immediately corrected to the new status of the mail.
>
> What do you think? It means that if you refilter a mail after marking it
> the spamfilter check is run twice (for ham that is, spam is moved to the
> spam folder anyway), this may be a performance problem for slower
> filters, but even on my IBM ThinkPad T23 for CRM114 its not really
> noticeable.

Hello Martin,

I've just found the time to read your filtering adventure, I'm happy to see
you could solve the problem.
Regarding your proposal, if you're using other filters like SpamAssassin,
you'll end up with doubled time which is very, very unfortunate as the
processing is already slow for that tool.
BTW, it looks like I have another workflow. I move all detected spam to a
separate folder which has a tight expiring schedule. If I find another spam
message, I train the tool and move it to the spam folder as well. But I
really don't care for the headers anymore, as that folder contains only spam
anyway.

Best Regards,
Andreas
--