[Kde-pim] More accurate spam filter rules

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 14 17:01:46 GMT 2006

Hello,

I think I found a way to make the spam filter rules more accurate.

Currently, the mail is only piped through the spam filter, when the
Spamfilter Check runs. When I mark a mail as spam or ham to train the
spam filter however, it is not piped through the spamfilter. Thus its
headers are not changed. When I marked a mail as spam or more important
ham, its headers still show them marked as unsure. This is corrected when
I rerun all the filter rules on the mails, as the spam filter takes
place. But it is never corrected, when I move the mail manually to a
certain folder (which has no filter like usually the inbox of an
account).

I thus just added a pipe through the spamfilter rule on the Mark as ham
and Mark as spam filter rules at the end... now mail headers are
immediately corrected to the new status of the mail.

What do you think? It means that if you refilter a mail after marking it
the spamfilter check is run twice (for ham that is, spam is moved to the
spam folder anyway), this may be a performance problem for slower
filters, but even on my IBM ThinkPad T23 for CRM114 its not really
noticeable.

I think I will make an enhancement request for that.