[Kde-perl] Massive PerlQt memory leakage

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Mon Jul 4 09:57:21 CEST 2005

Roy Souther wrote:
> I would like to test this to see if I get the same results.
> If can attach a very small example program that reproduces this problem
> I would be willing to give it a try.

A couple of months ago, another user posted this:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-perl&m=111752325003396&w=2

which is a simple example. I have not tested this exact example myself, but our
own application eats memory while doing virtually nothing. It has one one-second
timer updating a qlabel output showing the time (not recreating any widgets or
anything). It can also process keystrokes, but even if I press a key that does
not have any action (so that the keystroke is simply picked up but not acted
upon) it eats memory even faster. Seems like it eats memory whenever it handles
any events - more events - more memory gets lost.

Marius K.