[Kde-perl] Problems with the QUrlOperator class...

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Jan 6 01:09:11 CET 2004

Le Lundi 05 Janvier 2004 23:05, Thomas Fjellstrom a écrit :
> > so my hint would be:
> > perl -we "Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols"
> >
> > :-)
>
> Well without -MQt I get "Undefined Subroutine...", with -MQt, It returns
> with no errors or warnings...

without modifications (parentheses() or leading &), that should be
"Useless use of a constant in void context at -e line 1."
(i.e: not a subroutine call at all, which was my guess about what could have
gone wrong)

> I call "Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols();" in the main file of my
> program, the one that first "use Qt"s...

ah, so that rules my hypothesis off...

> Would I have to call that function
> in other modules??

no, one time is enough. Before creating the QUrlOperator is probably a good
idea indeed.

> nope.. Just tried calling Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols(); before
> creating a QUrlOperator... Didn't help a bit. :(

so... can you send a short, complete testcase?
what is the output of (the relevant part) of your testcase running under
-MQt::debug=all?
is yourQt compiled with QT_NO_NETWORKPROTOCOL_FTP/QT_NO_NETWORKPROTOCOL_HTTP?
(that would be very strange but who knows... try running smoke/qt/qtguess.pl
-t 0 and look at the status of the define for QT_NO_NETWORKPROTOCOL_FTP)

Germain