[Kde-perl] Problems with the QUrlOperator class...

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 6 00:05:40 CET 2004

On January 5, 2004 03:54 pm, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Lundi 05 Janvier 2004 22:15, Thomas Fjellstrom a écrit :
> > On January 3, 2004 09:00 pm, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > I called qInitNetworkProtocols, but any UrlOperators that I create
> > > seemigly do nothing... none of my start, dataTransferProgress or
> > > finished signals ever get signaled...
> > >
> > > I temporarily "stole" a file grabber routine from another projects that
> > > uses LWP, and successuflly gets the file with the same uri... I'm
> > > stumped. Any hints?
> >
> > None at all? :(
>
> It works fine for me, but I might have an idea.
> I suppose that, since "use Qt::GlobalSpace" is borked in 3.008, you are
> using a fully qualified call to qInitNetworkProtocols, right?
> So
> 1) that symbol has not been imported as a sub name in your namespace
> 2) you might very well nevertheless have written  the call
> "Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols"

yup. :) didn't even try "use Qt::GlobalSpace"

> so my hint would be:
> perl -we "Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols"
>
> :-)

Well without -MQt I get "Undefined Subroutine...", with -MQt, It returns with
no errors or warnings...

I call "Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols();" in the main file of my
program, the one that first "use Qt"s... Would I have to call that function
in other modules??

nope.. Just tried calling Qt::GlobalSpace::qInitNetworkProtocols(); before
creating a QUrlOperator... Didn't help a bit. :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
http://strangesoft.net