[Kde-perl] Why use perlqt?

Kaare Rasmussen kar at kakidata.dk
Sat Dec 25 22:21:22 CET 2004

Hi

I'm trying to decide which UI toolkit to choose for a new Open Source project.

Why would I use perlqt over eg Gtk2-perl?

If I only look at the tools, I'd go with qt any time. The Qt designer seems
much more complete than Glade. Widgets look more plentiful but then again,
I've only looked around for a short while.

But the project hasn't been updated for more than a year. Last change in cvs
seems to be 4 months ago. It may show that everything is stable and doesn't
need change. But OTOH it could be caused by lack of interest.

The webpage talks about KDE bindings. They don't seem to be there yet, after
more than a year.

Gtk2 also has the edge in portability, it seems. It can run on Windows,
something perlqt seemingly can't (?)

So what is your experience?

Nordre Fasanvej 12         Åben 12.00-18.00        Email: kar at kakidata.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 12.00-16.00       Web:      www.suse.dk