Fwd: Semi-OT: Speed improvement from fontconfig

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Jan 5 13:14:10 CET 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 12:45, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> I must have hit the 0.1% chance.

Run it manually please. Also, something might touch your home directory (debug
files, .X.err logging etc), and time stamp changes on your home directory
invalidate the fontconfig cache (yes, fontconfig is fucking braindead).

Other than that, I'm really interested in a callgrind output. If the callgrind
output shows the majority of time spend in freetype, you hit the
invalidated-cache bug. if not, then I'm interested.

--
Dirk//\