Has The performance been forgotten?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sun Oct 3 19:46:51 CEST 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 11:06, Bahram Alinezhad wrote:
> See the text attachment...
> Once I posted this to "SuSE" mailing list, but no
> enough attention paid to it;
> I am not sure that this performance issue is due to
> KDE, because some people believe that this only
> pertains to SuSE (not KDE).

FWIW, regarding KControl, I've written a KControl from scratch and it is
significantly in startup faster than the old. It is from a technical
perspective the same, but is lighter and written for fast startup(it's 500
LOC compared to the current 5000..). KControl will be replaced in KDE 4, the
question is whether it will be any of the "ordinary" proposed prototypes, or
that meta search thing.

Cheers,

	Frans