[Kde-nonlinux] [Mac OS X] KDE/Mac on Intel Macs - failed assert in ksokoban

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:00:35 CET 2007

On 3/6/07, Maciej Radziejewski <maciej.boost.list.account at gmail.com> wrote:

> I installed Fink (0.8.1.rsync i386), but it had no KDE packages available
> (probably the Intel platform is not fully supported). Then I found KDE/Mac (
> http://ranger.users.finkproject.org/kde/index.php/Home, Feb
> 28th 2007 version), and installed qt, kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, and
> kdegames.

0.8.1.rsync should have kde packages, just not kde4 or kde/mac ones.
Look for "bundle-kde" or "bundle-kde-ssl".

> I could not find the KDE/Mac sources, so I could not track it further. The
> sources on Fink's website are for a different version, so no help. Most
> other games work, whether I start them from Finder, or as specified on the
> website (from the terminal, after setting PATH and dbus).

They're just svn checkout snapshots.

> I am somewhat confused about how Fink and KDE/Mac are related. There seems
> to be no such info on either projects' site. Some articles, like at
> http://dot.kde.org/1168899755/ , helped remove some confusion, so I now
> gather that [KDE/Mac] does not need Fink after all, but I am not sure if
> they can coexist.

These binaries are unrelated to fink, other than the fact that I am
both a maintainer/admin for Fink and the packager of these snapshot
binaries.  :)

Fink has the web space for me to put them up, so I put them there, but
"ranger.users.finkproject.org" is a personal space for me.  (Other
maintainers get XXX.users.finkproject.org as their own personal web
space as well...)

As for the actual error, it's the assert in this bit of code:

---(snip!)---
QString
InternalCollections::collectionName(int _level) {
  switch (_level) {
  case 0:
    return i18n("Sasquatch");
    break;

  case 1:
    return i18n("Mas Sasquatch");
    break;

  case 2:
    return i18n("Sasquatch III");
    break;

  case 3:
    return i18n("Microban (easy)");
    break;

  case 4:
    return i18n("Sasquatch IV");
    break;

  case 5:
    return i18n("Sasquatch V");
    break;

  case 6:
    return i18n("Mas Microban (easy)");
    break;

  case 7:
    return i18n("Sasquatch VI");
    break;

  case 8:
    return i18n("LOMA");
    break;

  case 9:
    return i18n("Sasquatch VII");
    break;
  }

  Q_ASSERT(false);
  return QString();
}

As for why it's bombing out, dunno.  :)  Perhaps it will be fixed in a
later snapshot...