[Kde-nonlinux] [Mac OS X] KDE/Mac on Intel Macs - failed assert in ksokoban

Maciej Radziejewski maciej.boost.list.account at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:51:29 CET 2007

Hello,

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.8, intel iMac (core 2 duo). I was hoping to run
some games from KDE under Mac OS X (kmahjongg, kshisen. ksokoban).

I installed Fink (0.8.1.rsync i386), but it had no KDE packages available
(probably the Intel platform is not fully supported). Then I found KDE/Mac (
http://ranger.users.finkproject.org/kde/index.php/Home, Feb 28th 2007
version), and installed qt, kdesupport, kdelibs, kdebase, and kdegames.

When I try to run ksokoban I get the following error message:
ASSERT: "false" in file
/Users/ranger/cvs/packages/source.build/kdegames/ksokoban/InternalCollections.cpp,
line 85

I could not find the KDE/Mac sources, so I could not track it further. The
sources on Fink's website are for a different version, so no help. Most
other games work, whether I start them from Finder, or as specified on the
website (from the terminal, after setting PATH and dbus).

I am somewhat confused about how Fink and KDE/Mac are related. There seems
to be no such info on either projects' site. Some articles, like at
http://dot.kde.org/1168899755/ , helped remove some confusion, so I now
gather that [KDE/Mac] does not need Fink after all, but I am not sure if
they can coexist.

Finally, many thanks to the developers for making KDE available on the Mac!
I am particularly grateful for kmahjongg and kshisen :-) .

Best regards,

Maciej.