[Kde-nonlinux] KDM [513] Abnormal helper termination, code 0, signal 5.

Max Russell max_russell2000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 30 15:22:14 CEST 2004

Hi-

I also posted this to BSDforums.org, but would appreciate any help:

I've now set up FreeBSD 5.2 about 6 times on my Thinkpad 600e. I have no difficulty with the whole install or so on, and I can configure X and start it, and it looks lovely, however after I have edited /etc/ttys to include ttyv8 to /usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon on secure, and made sure that the command exec startkde is in the relevant files, I reboot the machine and it locks when it should be starting up KDE.

The last message I receive in text-mode prior to failure is KDM [513] Abnormal helper termination, code 0, signal 5.

I have not recompiled my kernel prior to this point, and I have not edited the rc.conf (would these help?)

PLEASE HELP!