Help to implement some features

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Apr 19 11:50:26 CEST 2010

On Saturday 17 April 2010 02:00:45 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> 	I would like to implement this feature in the knetworkmanager's TODO:
>
> Extended information (System/user connection; IP config; pppStats bytes
> up/down stats (FEATURE) etc)
>
> 	I would also like to implement bytes accounting like kppp/kppplogview do.
> I use 3G connection and transfered bytes counting is important to me. By
> what I have found we can use Linux netlink interface to implement this,
> the obvious problem is that as far as I know that only works in Linux. We
> do not need need root privileges to access netlink interface, which is
> good, and it gives statistics for all network interfaces, not only pppX.
>
> 	Is anyone working on that feature?

Hi Lamarque

I'm not aware of anyone working on it atm.  The code already existed in the
0.2 KDE 3 knetworkmanager code but was never reimplemented for KDE 4.  Please
go ahead and ask questions if you need to.  There are feature requests on
bugs.kde.org so you would make some friends by adding this to KNM

Will