Help to implement some features

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 19:28:25 CEST 2010

Em Segunda-feira 19 Abril 2010, Will Stephenson escreveu:
> On Saturday 17 April 2010 02:00:45 Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> > 	I would like to implement this feature in the knetworkmanager's TODO:
> > Extended information (System/user connection; IP config; pppStats bytes
> > up/down stats (FEATURE) etc)
> >
> > 	I would also like to implement bytes accounting like kppp/kppplogview
> > 	do.
> >
> > I use 3G connection and transfered bytes counting is important to me. By
> > what I have found we can use Linux netlink interface to implement this,
> > the obvious problem is that as far as I know that only works in Linux. We
> > do not need need root privileges to access netlink interface, which is
> > good, and it gives statistics for all network interfaces, not only pppX.
> >
> > 	Is anyone working on that feature?
>
> Hi Lamarque
>
> I'm not aware of anyone working on it atm.  The code already existed in the
> 0.2 KDE 3 knetworkmanager code but was never reimplemented for KDE 4.
> Please go ahead and ask questions if you need to.  There are feature
> requests on bugs.kde.org so you would make some friends by adding this to
> KNM

	Ok, I will take a look at 0.2 source code. I am looking at
knetworkmanager code now and it there are other little things that I think can
be done too. For instance, there is no route information available in the
tooltip, it always returns "No route data available", only for KDE 4.2.95 it
tries to get the information. I removed the #if KDE_IS_VERSION(4, 2, 95) but
it still returns a empty route list, I would like to change that too since it
seems an easy thing to do (I may be wrong :-)).

	During this weekend I found that ModemManager already have a
GetSignalQuality method, I would like to add this information to the tooltip
too. Do you know where I need to change to add it?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm