Help to implement some features

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 02:00:45 CEST 2010

	Hi all,

	I would like to implement this feature in the knetworkmanager's TODO:

Extended information (System/user connection; IP config; pppStats bytes
up/down stats (FEATURE) etc)

	I would also like to implement bytes accounting like kppp/kppplogview do.
I use 3G connection and transfered bytes counting is important to me. By what
I have found we can use Linux netlink interface to implement this, the obvious
problem is that as far as I know that only works in Linux. We do not need need
root privileges to access netlink interface, which is good, and it gives
statistics for all network interfaces, not only pppX.

	Is anyone working on that feature?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm