First Post

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Tue Jan 20 10:20:16 CET 2009

Hi Pedro,

Sorry for the delayed answer but I thought Will might answer :)

Am Montag, 12. Januar 2009 schrieb Pedro de Carvalho Gomes:
> Hello all,
>
> My name is Pedro, I'm from Brazil, and following a suggestion from Will
> Stephenson, I've subscribed to this list. My intention is to contribute to
> kdenework with code, specially for the KDE 4.2 series.

Very nice.

> I've discussed with
> Will some points I could help and I though it would be better If I start
> helping some bits at the GUI.
>
> The first thought would be the improvement of wi-fi network listing.
> Although the "map" mode is nice, right now it seems messy if there are many
> networks to display. Besides it does not support resizing. The "detailed"
> mode needs also some enhancements and the plasmoid isn't resizing if there
> are more than 4 networks.

Right, that's still broken.

> Does anyone have suggestions about other possible
> improvements or any considerations? I didn't find enough documentation, so I
> guess I'll have to bug you guys frequently.

I'd suggest you first check out the current development code from [1] and
build it. If you have specific questions on where to start hacking just drop
a note.

Thanks,
Helmut

[1] http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/base/plasma/applets/networkmanager/