First Post

Pedro de Carvalho Gomes pedrogomes81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 04:48:22 CET 2009

Hello all,

My name is Pedro, I'm from Brazil, and following a suggestion from Will
Stephenson, I've subscribed to this list. My intention is to contribute to
kdenework with code, specially for the KDE 4.2 series. I've discussed with
Will some points I could help and I though it would be better If I start
helping some bits at the GUI.

The first thought would be the improvement of wi-fi network listing.
Although the "map" mode is nice, right now it seems messy if there are many
networks to display. Besides it does not support resizing. The "detailed"
mode needs also some enhancements and the plasmoid isn't resizing if there
are more than 4 networks. Does anyone have suggestions about other possible
improvements or any considerations? I didn't find enough documentation, so I
guess I'll have to bug you guys frequently.

So, hand on code. Regards,

Pedro