keep eth0 configured even if the cable is disconnected

Andrey Filippov andrey at elphel.com
Mon Jan 12 19:42:45 CET 2009

Achim,

thank you for this clear answer. Actually I achieved that myself trying this
or that but could not figure out which of my actions were needed. I added
record to the /etc/network/interfaces and restarted network, but it did not
change behavior. I tried more with no success. But when I rebooted computer
yesterday - it did exactly what I wanted, I just was not sure is it
something stable that I (and others) can reproduce or some accidental
glitch.

Andrey