Connection to wireless network - wpa

Timo Hoenig thoenig at suse.de
Fri Jun 22 12:38:10 CEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 12:22 +0200, Helmut Schaa wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2007 schrieb rozelak at volny.cz:
> > Wireless Networks (* = Current Network)
> > eduroam:         Infrastructure Mode, Freq 0.000 MHz, Rate 62 Mb/s,
> > Strength 67%, Encrypted (WEP WPA WPA2 Enterprise)
> > eduroam-simple:  Infrastructure Mode, Freq 0.000 MHz, Rate 62 Mb/s,
> > Strength 67%
>
> Thats the interessting part ;-)
> As you can see NetworkManager reports WEP and WPA as possible encryptions. In
> my opinion thats not even possible. So its no issue with knm but with nm ;-).

Well, you call it interesting, I call it strange :-)  Unfortunately I'm
not able to give you a proper answer.  Probably something for the
NetworkManager list.

> So, there are two possibilities:
> - Make KNM allow multiple encryptions for a network or
> - fix NM
>
> Timo?

I'd say that should not block KNetworkManager 0.2 as it is definitely a
very rare case where such a scenario pops up.  Let's release
KNetworkManager 0.2 and investigate who is to blame for the above
afterwards.

Thanks,

   Timo