Connection to wireless network - wpa

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Fri Jun 22 12:22:28 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2007 schrieb rozelak at volny.cz:
> > Try WPA Enterprise...
>
> Well, I have tried WPA Enterprise in knm, WPA Personal does not allow
> to set stuff as is required in wpa_supplicator copnfig ;-) There is
> even "Phase Two" option with MSCHAPV2 possibility. But I did not found
> where to set something like "key_mgmt=IEEE8021X".

Afaik that should be set automatically when using WPA-EAP.

> Finally, there is output of nm-tool. I have found tar.gz for NetworkManager
> 6.4-5 for FedoraCore, and I have copied nm-tool binary from this rpm.
> Strange think is that gentoo build of NM (version 0.6.5 which I have
> instaled) does not contain nm-tool ... However, even when nm-tool is
> from different version, it did not write any errors, so there is the
> output:

Nice, thank you.

> Wireless Networks (* = Current Network)
> eduroam:         Infrastructure Mode, Freq 0.000 MHz, Rate 62 Mb/s,
> Strength 67%, Encrypted (WEP WPA WPA2 Enterprise)
> eduroam-simple:  Infrastructure Mode, Freq 0.000 MHz, Rate 62 Mb/s,
> Strength 67%

Thats the interessting part ;-)
As you can see NetworkManager reports WEP and WPA as possible encryptions. In
my opinion thats not even possible. So its no issue with knm but with nm ;-).

So, there are two possibilities:
- Make KNM allow multiple encryptions for a network or
- fix NM

Timo?

> Did I send what you have wanted? Regards,
> Dan

Yes, thank you.

Regards
Helmut