Integration of some patches

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Sat Aug 18 12:18:33 CEST 2007

Hi Robert,

Am Sa 18 Aug 2007 05:29:01 CEST schrieb Robert Buchholz <rbu at gentoo.org>:
> I know most distribution maintainers constantly work on integrating
> patches here, but some diffs seem to have missed the last release
> merger. This mail is meant as a a poke / status update question for the
> following...
>
> ... Fixes:
> * Suse's fix-desktop-icon.diff

I'll have a look at this one ;-)

> * Suse's knetworkmanager-fixbuild_u64-hschaa-01.patch

This patch won't be submitted to the svn version as it is only an ugly
workaround for issues caused by libnl's handling of kernel types
(fixed in libnl trunk).

> * Debian's 02-linux_types.patch (minus the part covered above) [1]

Same here.

> * Gentoo's knetworkmanager-0.2-kppp.patch (KDE Bug #148951)
> * Fedora's patch for the same, but the Fedora way (KDE Bug #140703)

I'll have a look at these patches if time allows.

> ... Features:
> * Suse's knetworkmanager-kde-networkstatus-wstephenson-03.patch /
>   kubuntu_05_networkstatus.patch

The first one is Suse specific and will not work well with other
distros. For kubuntu's patch I don't know.

Regards,
Helmut