Integration of some patches

Robert Buchholz rbu at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 23 15:01:40 CEST 2007

Hi Helmut,

sorry for following up so late.

<rbu at gentoo.org>:
> > * Gentoo's knetworkmanager-0.2-kppp.patch (KDE Bug #148951)
> > * Fedora's patch for the same, but the Fedora way (KDE Bug #140703)
>
> I'll have a look at these patches if time allows.

Thanks!

> > ... Features:
> > * Suse's knetworkmanager-kde-networkstatus-wstephenson-03.patch /
> >   kubuntu_05_networkstatus.patch
>
> The first one is Suse specific and will not work well with other
> distros. For kubuntu's patch I don't know.

I looked at the patch again and couldn't figure out which part is the
specific one. Could you please help me with that?
Is there a common denominator that makes sense to be included? Looking
at the kubuntu variant that is a lot slimmer and seems to integrate the
notification of knetworkstatus I wonder why this shouldn't be upstream.

Regards,

Robert