knotify and libcanberra Re: KDE Sound and Multimedia Plan

Daniel Marcus daniel at d-site.net
Thu Dec 2 20:59:40 GMT 2010

Alex's idea actually sounds very appealing to me as an end user. It would be
nice if for example, a game could specify that it wants to use libcanberra
so that sounds most closely match events. As an added bonus, by still using
phonon, it can intelligently make sure that an input media is playable
through a certain service, especially if for example, a user has a sound
file that uses a particular codec that works with say, VLC but not
libcanberra.

*I am new to this, so if I have said something technically wrong, I
apologize.

Positively,
*Daniel S. Marcus*
Omni Impact Small Business Services
Phone: (919) 926 - 9624
Business: daniel at omniimpact.com
Personal: daniel at d-site.net
Website: http://omniimpact.com

*Scan the bar code with your phone to add contact information.*