Qt 4.5 and Phonon best practice

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Feb 20 19:54:32 GMT 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Em Sexta-feira 20 Fevereiro 2009, às 18:48:55, Jonathan Riddell escreveu:
>> So should we pressure qt into adding a -use-system-phonon option
>
> This is senseless. How can there be a system Phonon if Phonon links to Qt?

circular dependencies suck, no bones about it.

But... in the end we still have, from a kde/packager pov:
A.  Use qt's phonon

B.  Continue to allow/recommend phonon release separately from qt, and come
up with a way to make that happen sanely, modulo bootstrapping issues.
Currently, I see no better alternative to something
like:  -use-system-phonon
(even if that means hacking it like helio suggests)

-- Rex