[Kde-extra-gear] kaudiocreator status

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Oct 27 13:23:51 GMT 2008

(crossposting on KDE multimedia)
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Sander Knopper <sander at knopper.tk> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> After my switch to KDE4 I noticed that I quite miss kaudiocreator and although
> I could of course still use the KDE3 version, that's not the way to go on the
> long term obviously.
>
> So I was wondering whether it's still (actively?) being developed by anyone or
> if it's just bitrotting? Apart from that question, I'd also like to offer any
> help I can give, either working together with someone or trying to get it to
> work by myself. I have to say though that I don't have much experience with
> KDE development, I do with Qt4 however.
>
> Please CC me on any replies, as I'm not on the list.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Sander Knopper
>
> P.S. I'm sending this email after informing about the subject on #kde-devel
> after which they proposed to use the mailing list and/or send an email to the
> original author. But I'm guessing he's maybe still on the list...

I recall the author of KAudioCreator (icefox I think) saying a couple
of years ago that he wasn't planning on continuing it for KDE4. He
thought that having CD ripping as part of Amarok and similar makes
more sense. I agree. :)

Amarok is currently in a feature (sort-of) freeze and a string
(mostly) freeze. But it'll only be that way for a month or two more.
We'd appreciate your help.

Ian