problem with phonon-4.1 and cmake/FindG*.cmake

Ben Taylor bentaylor.solx86 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:38:08 GMT 2008

I am working on Solaris 10, and have a more recent version of glib2
and gstreamer compiled and working (both 32-bit and 64-bit)

When I try to build phonon-4.1, it appears that the FindG*.cmake files
use the proper PKG_CONFIG_PATH, and then rewrite it using the
system includes (which are really ancient).

I added some debugging to FindGLIB2.cmake and found this:

WARNING: you are using the obsolete 'PKGCONFIG' macro use FindPkgConfig
Just set _LibGLIB2IncDir to value /opt/foss/include
Just set _LibGLIB2LinkDir to value /opt/foss/lib/amd64
Just set _LibGLIB2LinkFlags to value -L/opt/foss/lib/amd64 -lglib-2.0
-lintl -liconv
Just set _LibGLIB2Cflags to value -I/opt/foss/include/glib-2.0
-I/opt/foss/lib/amd64/glib-2.0/include

*** This is what I expect these values to be ****

Just set GLIB2_MAIN_INCLUDE_DIR to value /usr/include/glib-2.0
Just set GLIB2_LIBRARIES to value /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
Just set glib2LibDir to value /usr/lib
Just set GLIB2_INTERNAL_INCLUDE_DIR to value /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
Just set GLIB2_INCLUDE_DIR to value /usr/include/glib-2.0
Just set GLIB2_INCLUDE_DIR to value
/usr/include/glib-2.0/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
Found GLIB2: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so
Just set GLIB2 to value

Then FindGLIB2.cmake goes merrily rewriting the variables ignoring the
information from pkg-config and making my 64-bit build fail.

Anyone have a clue why cmake is ignoring the information pkg-config provided?

Thanks

Ben