on-screen display for kmix?

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Mon Oct 27 02:59:54 GMT 2008

Am Dienstag, 26. August 2008 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> hi,
>
> i am the developer of kosdwidget which currently lives in playground.
> ( /trunk/playground/base/kdisplay/libkosdwidget/ ). i am asking if the
> kmix developers would be intrested in me adding support for displaying
> a on-screen display when the volume is changed by hotkeys, so the user
> has a visible sign that the volume has been actually changed.
>
> regards,
> bcooksley.

Hello Ben,

thanks for your offer. I just came back to do some KMix development again, and while working on my long long "backlog", I finally noticed your mail. Sorry for not answering earlier.

The first thing I did was integrating the OSD patch as discussed on kde-utils-devel [1]. So what you proposed is alreay done (the patch in the URL below is from August 20th, 6 days before your mail). Thanks for your offer, still.

   Christian

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-utils-devel&m=121924118617197&w=2

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
  - Albert Einstein