KMix on-screen visual volume feedback

Maciej Borzecki bboozzoo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:33:51 BST 2006

Hi,

I have created a patch for KMix which provides a visual feedback popup
whenever a user changes the volume using global shortcut keys.
The patch introduces 2 new files: kmixprogress.h, kmixprogress.cpp and
modifies modifies several others: kmix.{h,cpp}, kmixprefdlg.{cpp,h},
Makefile.am. The patch is against stable version sources for kde 3.5.4.
The functionality is as follows:
whenever uses presses global increase/decrease volume keys, a small window in
the centre of a screen with a progress bar showing current volume level. The
popup disappears automatically after 1s.
Thers is also a new option in configuration dialog provided named 'Provide
visual feedback' (the best I could invent :)). The setting is saved in config
file along with all other settings.
Feel free to send comments.

Maciek Borzecki