make_it_cool: kdelibs/kdemm

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Mar 21 15:20:01 GMT 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 11:29, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Monday 21 March 2005 11:13, Marco Lohse wrote:
> > So, if network transparent audio/video is important for KDE, you might
> > want to consider these options.
>
> Yes, I do like to have it. But I don't think we can put that into an
> abstraction that works with more than only NMM as backend. But what I'm
> thinking is to put the functionality in the NMM backend and provide an IPC
> interface so that we can write an KDE NMM tool - here's what I wrote down:

I apologize for not being up-to-date on the proposed specs, but I think it
would be nice if the backend loader could query for network capabilities of
the backends.

So when it know thate $DISPLAY is not local, it could optionally override the
usually configured backend and look for a network enabled one.

Cheers,
Kevin