make_it_cool: kdelibs/kdemm

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 16:39:49 GMT 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 16:20, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> I apologize for not being up-to-date on the proposed specs, but I think it
> would be nice if the backend loader could query for network capabilities of
> the backends.
>
> So when it know thate $DISPLAY is not local, it could optionally override
> the usually configured backend and look for a network enabled one.

This should be rather easy. The backend selection will be a list of backends
where the app normally takes the 1st entry. If that fails for whatever reason
it goes on with the 2nd and so forth. Now if you add this information you
could just skip all backends without the required network capabilities...

--
C'ya
        Matthias
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de