Akademy 2005 and KDE Multimedia

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sat Jul 2 13:47:53 BST 2005

On Saturday 02 July 2005 04:43, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > 3) Will there be talks (Will Matthias and Scott repeat their LinuxTag
> > talk)
>
> I won't be there this year (because of both the developers meeting and the
> e.V. meeting being on work days and I don't have much vacation left), but I
> believe that Matthias will be; I'm relatively sure that he didn't submit a
> talk though.

I'll be there (at least I booked the nights) and I even submitted a talk about
KDEMM. :-) I hope that I'll have a little more concrete things to say and
maybe even a little working code to show. Don't count on it, though.

> > 4) Will there be guests (like last year: NMM, MAS, ...)
>
> From what I've heard at this point MAS is no longer being actively
> promoted.   I can't speak for the NMM guys, but I think last year it was
> easier to pull them in since we were relatively close to where they were
> located.

I also have no idea about whether that would be worth the time and money of
those guys. I'd rather have 'em sit on their computers and write the
KDEMM-NMM code. ;-)

But serious: What would be the goal if we'd invited guests from other
multimedia projects?

--
C'ya
        Matthias