Playlist plugin for Noatun

Felix Berger bflat1 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 19 22:57:12 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 18:31, Yogesh  Marwaha wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am writing a small playlist plugin for noatun. But I am a bit
> stranded in the beginning. I am having problem (rather unsure)
> handling properties. Also, I was unable to find any guide to get me
> started. So, I am working by watching source code of split-playlist
> (which is providing me only a hint of help)
>
> First, which properties do I need to supply.

I think the url of the file is the most important one. For example you could
have a constructor like:

MyDataItem(const KURL& url)
{
 setUrl(url);
}

and you're ready to go as long as you have implemented all other virtual
methods. You can have a look at our implementation too if you like:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ilist/ilist/src/ilistitemdata.h?rev=1.24&view=auto
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ilist/ilist/src/ilistitemdata.cpp?rev=1.36&view=auto

But beware, our implementation also handles lots of things special to our
playlist, things you won't have to worry about for a small playlist.

> Second, if it is 100% necessary to fillup properties.

Properties are filled in by various other plugins like the metatag plugin or
the player itself.

Cheers,
Felix Berger

--