Towards a common CDDB info UI, starting with kscd.

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Mon Jan 17 09:11:32 GMT 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 22:22, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, it has been one crazy week.  Did a quick look and I
> noticed right off the bat that Kscd no longer prompts me for which cddb
> entry to select.  Not sure where this went.  It would be cool to have
> another dialog which presents a list on the left and on the right a
> read-only version of this dialog showing that entry.  That can be used to
> let users pick a cddb choice.

AFAIK, I did not break that, but I already re-added on my hard disk!

> I am always for re-using dialogs, so some quick comments.
>
> Also in KAudioCreator we support the ability for each track to have its own
> Artist.  This would have to be added.  Probably should add that to libkcddb
> too...

Its already there. If you set the disk artist to "Various" (as the protocol
requires, and as the tooltip hints :-)), an extra column will appear in the
dialog.

> "Revision: X" looks like it is the Disc Id: revision, not the cddb entry
> version.  Maybe change the title or put it somewhere else in the dialog.

I'll think about that.

> What id the difference between Category and Genre?

The CDDB database is indexed by { category, disc id } where category is a list
of 11 fixed strings. The genre is a free-format string.

> Maybe change the title from "Cd Database Editor" to "CD Editor"

Good idea.

> Have the Fetch and Upload buttons optional in the widget parameters.
> KAudioCreator probably wouldn't use the Fetch.

Agreed in principle, however, at the moment, I am only sharing the "base
widget". I hope to have a versions of kaudiocreator and kscd to check in
soon...with nearly all the CD reading and CDDB reading logic exactly the
same. Then I'll figure out if it is worth hiding all that inside libkcddb.

Thanks for the feedback, Shaheed