patch: normalize effect for noatunarts

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Thu Jan 6 13:10:40 GMT 2005

   Hi!

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:27:48AM +0100, Felix Berger wrote:
> On Sunday 02 January 2005 19:36, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>
> > $ artsshell tradercheck
> >
> > to print warnings is not a good idea (however, one can't say that
> > everybody cares about this rule...). If the feature to show/hide certain
> > effects is wanted for noatun (or other apps), one clean way to go might
> > be adding a new flag entry into .mcopclass files similar to for instance
> > the already existing "Buildable" entry (artsbuilder uses this to
> > determine which modules to show).
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. I've attached my corrected Normalize.mcopclass,
> which also introduces a visibility property. I've also attached the patch for
> effects.cpp that checks if an effect has explicitly set the property to
> false. The default is true.
>
> I can also correct the other mcopclass files, if this patch is applied.

Looks ok to me. Once you use this new property, please also provide me
with a clear definition of what it does for the canonical documentation
at

http://www.arts-project.org/doc/mcop-doc/trading.html

If you can't clearly define what your property should mean for all
interfaces (i.e. if it only makes sense to set it for effects, and for
nothing else), then you might want to give it a more specific name, such
as "VisibleEffect" or something like that.

   Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan