patch: normalize effect for noatunarts

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Sun Jan 2 18:36:07 GMT 2005

    Hi!

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 03:47:03PM +0100, Felix Berger wrote:
> On Thursday 30 December 2004 15:53, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > So far it's easy, just check it out (the whole noatun subdir is branched)
> > and create a patch for noatunarts. So far all I changed there was the
> > namespace because namespace Noatun is taken already (it's what is/will be
> > used inside libnoatun).
>
> Ok, I attached the modified patch for the make-it-snow branch. I removed the
> entry Arts::SynthModule from Normalize.mcopclass, thus it's no longer shown
> in the effects widget. I don't know if that's the proper way to go, but I
> think it's a good thing to hide the effect from the user since it's intended
> to be only used through the Normalize plugin.

Well, as a general rule, doing things which causes

$ artsshell tradercheck

to print warnings is not a good idea (however, one can't say that
everybody cares about this rule...). If the feature to show/hide certain
effects is wanted for noatun (or other apps), one clean way to go might
be adding a new flag entry into .mcopclass files similar to for instance
the already existing "Buildable" entry (artsbuilder uses this to
determine which modules to show).

stefan at sargeserver:~/src/kde/arts$ cat flow/mcopclass/Synth_AMAN_PLAY.mcopclass
Buildable=true
Interface=Arts::Synth_AMAN_PLAY,Arts::SynthModule,Arts::Object
Language=C++

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany