Heavy problems starting up amaroK today

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Sat Feb 12 11:36:35 GMT 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 10:04, Pavel Troller wrote:
>   So I've got an idea that it's caused by gst engine selected by default,
> which is confused by zipfiles, executables, text files and other trash
> offered to it. Something out of my >3000 entries in the home dir simply
> killed it. I was unable to select another engine (arts) because there was
> no possibility to control anything before this scan and it always caused
> the crash (btw. just a silent termination).

Sorry Pavel, I can't reproduce this. Especially the debug output looks
strange.

I can only imagine that you've got a video file (e.g. .mov) in your last
selected FileBrowser folder, which causes trouble. I've heard about this
before, but could never reproduce it either.

Which Gst version are you using?

--
Mark