New multimedia architecture and accessibility/TTS requirements

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 20:29:32 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 11:00 pm, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > In my experience, GStreamer can take up to a second to stop playback.
>
> A second is a lot; it probably depends on which application you use;
> Totem (ok, it's a GNOME app, so what) is instant in most cases. Also, it
> depends on the media format (that's an implementation bug). Our matroska
> demuxer, for example, is a big offender here.
>
> That said, yes, we're aware of some issues in this area and they're on
> my list. If they're important for a specific project or subproject that
> we especially care about for some reason, we can raise priority.

wav files.  I haven't noticed a difference between Alsa or OSS sinks.

$ gst-inspect-0.8 --gst-version
GStreamer Core Library version 0.8.7
wavparse:  wavparse: .wav demuxer
matroska:  matroskademux: Matroska demuxer
matroska:  matroskamux: Matroska muxer

There is probably a gstreamer command I can run to provide more details?

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer