kde app with a gstreamer backend

Mike McLean libolt at libolt.net
Tue Jun 1 21:33:14 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm new to kde development and am working on an audio application that uses a
KDE frontend with a gstreamer backend.  I've gotten to where I can load
files, and have gstreamer play the audio.  However, I am having problems
deleting the stream when it finishes playing.

I am not using the gstreamer wrapper as it doesn't appear to compile against
gstreamer 0.8.1.  I've tried the one from kdenonbeta, if there is a more up
to date version a pointer would be most helpful.

I have setup an end of stream callback within the gstreamer code, but I'm
struggling to figure out what to put in it that I can catch on the kde side.
I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Mike.