juk random play

Max Howell max.howell at methylblue.com
Sat Dec 11 14:59:00 GMT 2004

Miles Stevenson wrote:
> Does anyone else notice problems with JuK's random play being not so
> random? [snip]
>
> I mentioned this to Nathan Toone a while ago, and he said it looked like
> both JuK and Amarok are using the same algorithms for random play, but
> Amarok seems to be much better at it. Maybe the JuK code isn't using the
> algorithms properly? I prefer JuK, but I always end up loading Amarok back
> up because I get sick of listening to the same 50 tracks over and over.

amaroK random code is home-brewed, we keep a history and don't play anything
from the last 3 hours. For version 1.2 we'll also be analysing the
playback-history for each track and giving a bias to stuff that you haven't
played so often, as this is even "more random".

Max
--
Max Howell; MK, UK; http://www.methylblue.com/