aRts maintenance

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Tue Dec 7 15:27:17 GMT 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 10:25, mETz wrote:
> Everything more
> sophisticated will have to either choose a backend or make the
> audio-backend pluggable (as Amarok, JuK and soon Noatun do/will do).

This has been said several times already, but since it seems to have not sunk
in:

JuK will drop configurable backends.  They're not there because I love
configuration, but just because I wanted to offer an alternative to aRts in
the KDE 3 timeframe.

amaroK will keep its plugable backend engine no matter what we choose.

That leaves Noatun, and yes, you will have to figure out how you want to solve
things for Noatun.

-Scott

--
The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow
sharper.