[gst-devel] Comparison: MAS, GStreamer, NMM

Leon Shiman leon at magic.shiman.com
Wed Aug 25 14:43:47 BST 2004

Hi Marco -

The meeting at Ludwigsburg gave us all a good review of some of the
specifications and requirements for the desktop . A good first step toward
open discussion of the issues facing open source media.

Development of open standards is clearly important and urgently needed.
X.Org, FSG, FDO, and others are in agreement, as I indicated at the KDE
summit.

We'd like to consider how best to move ahead efficiently. The MAS group will
have a response early next week. It's a little hard to respond thoughtfully
frm airports and train stations.

Leon

Shiman Associates Inc
163 Tappan Street