TagLib -> CVS

Tim Jansen ml at tjansen.de
Sun Sep 7 12:36:48 BST 2003

On Sunday 07 September 2003 12:20, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> be a little silly.  Basically it comes down to a packaging issue --
> external developers and packagers that are interested in using TagLib in
> non-KDE apps don't really want to have a dependancy on a kdemultimedia
> package.

But this is an issue that you can not solve by putting it into another KDE
module. You can only solve it by releasing the software as tarball.

> I thought about the same -- I have no problems with it going into
> kdesupport instead, it's just that kdesupport's been pretty dead lately.

Sooner or later KDE needs to get some package that has to be compiled between
kdelibs and application modules like kdemultimedia and kdenetworks, and
compiles them only 'on-demand'. Simply because the number of KDE-hosted
special-purpose libraries like TagLib will grow and applications will use
them, but you can not put everything in kdelibs.

bye...