JuK -> KDE CVS

Tim Jansen ml at tjansen.de
Sat Mar 1 13:37:23 GMT 2003

On Saturday 01 March 2003 13:25, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> If you don't like the noatun defaults go and propose new ones. Still it's
> the users pick what UI he's got on his desktop and if he doesn't choose
> then it's the user to blame and not us developers, we can only set sane
> defaults to stop users being scared on first start :)

By setting defaults the developers are choosing the UI. When I started using
KDE 2.x I probably used Noatun for almost 6 months without knowing that you
can change the UI.

If you want the user to chose the UI, make it really obvious, for example with
a wizard on first start. Not that I am sure whether users would appreciate
that feature.. I probably would not care to try out all UIs if I wouldnt be
interested in mm apps, but just use a simpler application.

(The idea of having a kmenu entry per profile is very good though, at least if
there are only 2 or 3)

bye...