why should KDE use MAS?

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Thu Feb 27 15:15:02 GMT 2003

   Hi!

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 09:54:45PM -0500, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> The KDE project (http://www.kde.org/) appears to be considering
> alternative solutions to the native aRts sound framework for its
> video/multimedia needs, and MAS has come up in the discussion.

Just to keep you informed, Tim Janik and me will be meeting Leon Shiman in
Kopenhagen tomorrow, to discuss aRts, MAS and CSL. Thus, I will probably
be able to provide a very solid base of facts / conclusions on Sunday
or Monday when I am back. Unless already well-informed, I recommend those
who want to discuss MAS and KDE on this list to wait until then. Thanks.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany