why should KDE use MAS?

Piriou, Philippe (BDA) Philippe.Piriou2 at eads-telecom.com
Thu Feb 27 08:03:37 GMT 2003

Hi,

considering a new alternative multimedia framework (not sound server) for
KDE, only one use C++ while all the others use C: it's  >NMM
(http://www.networkmultimedia.org/): <http://www.networkmultimedia.org/):>

I believe using C++ is a major feature for adoption by KDE programmers and
integration in KDE, as well.

Here, I don't speak of codecs which are all developped by third party using
C.

     In fact, NMM is kind of Gstreamer written in C++ (but less mature since
it's newer).

Philippe