KsCD; no music sounds

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Apr 9 13:00:53 BST 2003

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 07:27, Lateef Alabi-Oki wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 April 2003 12:47 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > is the volume slider in KsCD (not just KMix) up?
> > does your CD-ROM support direct playback, or is it digital sound only?
> > you can usually tell by whether or not the CD-ROM is connected to the
> > soundcard with a cable or not...
> However, I use the same CDRW to play music CDs, mp3s and other music files
> via Windows Media Player on my Windows partition. I wouldn't expect KsCD to
> have much problems playing music CDs if Windows Media Player can,
> irrespective of whether the CDRW supports direct playback or not. But again
> most of the time I'm wrong with issues regarding Linux. :( I still welcome
> any suggestion or advice. Thanks :)

Are you able to play audioCD's with the windows CD-Player? This uses the
normal (non-digital) cd-playing-features. If not, your cd isn't connected to
the soundcard (maybe it is, but not to the cd-in but to aux or something
similar). If no, there's a problem with linux/kscd. Maybe you should try
workbone or some other console-cd-player...

Arnold

to all your contacts.
After a month or so log in as root and do a rm / -rf. Or ask your
administrator to do so...