KsCD; no music sounds

Lateef Alabi-Oki mystilleef at yifan.net
Wed Apr 9 14:36:45 BST 2003

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 08:00 am, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Are you able to play audioCD's with the windows CD-Player? This uses the
> normal (non-digital) cd-playing-features. If not, your cd isn't connected
> to the soundcard (maybe it is, but not to the cd-in but to aux or something
> similar). If no, there's a problem with linux/kscd. Maybe you should try
> workbone or some other console-cd-player...
>
> Arnold

Hello,

Thanks for your interest. I use Windows XP Professional. The default audio CD
player on that operating system is Windows Media Player, version 9.0 to be
specific. I do not know if this is the window CD-Player you refer to or not.
However, I can play audio CDs on Windows Media Player without any problems.

I'll toy around with KsCD to see if the problem is with my configuration,
drivers, sound device or my PC in general. If my efforts are unsucessful, I
give some of the other CD players a try.

Mystilleef