Which Xine to require?

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Fri Sep 6 19:03:14 BST 2002

Hi Neil,

[...]

> Persistence pays I guess...  I just recompiled xine-lib and kde for about
> the 20th time since I started getting my old crash, and now it suddenly
> works again.   I did nothing different, and I'm still using xine-lib
> 0.9.13, so I guess I'll never know the problem.  I'm going to grab a
> screenshot now for kaboodle's page and Xine's page in case it breaks
> again. :-)
>
> So now I wonder, should KDE go for 0.9.14 or 0.9.13?  Ewald and the xine
> page both say that 0.9.14 is a major BIC release.  Comments?

I'm not sure when xine 0.9.14 will be released, but I think it might be after
KDE 3.1 (final) is released. KDE-3.1 would require a CVS copy of xine if we
want to use the new API in that case.

> Ewald: Now I can say with confidence that the arts and xine_artsplug parts
> of the patch seem to work fine.  Please commit them.  I'll test and commit
> the kaboodle patch later today or something.

Okay, thanks for testing the patches. I have committed them. The changes to
VideoPlayObject should make it easier to use this interface for other video
decoders (mpeglib).

bye,

ewald